Trinity has a state of the art electro-plating plant that provides hard chrome plating, nickel plating, electro-less nickel, sulfamate nickel, copper, zinc and selective & in-situ plating services. As a leading provider of electroless and electro plating services, Trinity has supported various industrial sectors for their plating requirements for over 20 years. Trinity is able to provide chrome plating services for shafts up to 12 meters long.
Regularly plated components include mud motor rotors, down-hole tools, hydraulic rams, piston rods, pump shafts, turbine rotors, extruder screws, calibration cylinders, hydraulic rotary cylinders and marine parts.
Trinity has one of the best electro plating facilities in the Middle East. Over the past decade, the plating division has been the forerunner in providing quality plating services to various industries through its efficient systems and highly competent work force.
Hard chrome is used to reduce friction, add wear and corrosion resistance for components exposed to harsh operating conditions. Our quality-driven industrial plating services have many different applications such as:
- Restoring worn-out parts to their original size and shape.
- Protecting the surfaces of new parts to help them resist abrasion and extend wear life.
- Protecting parts from corrosion arising from harsh environmental factors and abrasion on their wear surfaces.
Over the years, Trinity has successfully delivered the most challenging jobs in electroplating with operational and time constraints, consequently earning high respect from its clients and competitors alike.
Trinity’s electro plating facility continues to expand on the existing services already provided:
- Chrome plating and precision grinding of oil-field equipment such as rotors, spline mandrels, mandrel extensions, drive shafts, driveshaft caps, upper sleeves, jars and hydraulic components such as rams, plungers and piston rods.
- Internal chrome plating of hydraulic power-pack cylinders, jack cylinders, calibration cylinders and rotary cylinders with internal diameters up to 1000 mm.
- Standard nickel-chrome and sulfamate nickel-chrome plating for components that are subjected to extremely corrosive environments such as on-board ships and dredgers are electroplated with an undercoat of nickel and before a layer of chrome is deposited. The dual layer offers a very high degree of corrosion protection. Sulfamate nickel plating with appropriate composition controls produces an electroplated layer of nickel with very low internal stress, thereby providing even greater corrosion resistance.
- Localized nickel and chrome plating for components which require removal of surface defects that may result in damaged oil-seals. This process provides a cost-effective method with a relatively fast turn-around times for customers that require rapid delivery.
- Electroless nickel plating, on both internal and external surfaces, with high or low phosphorous nickel to give hard, smooth and corrosion-resistant coatings. As this is an electroless process, the thickness of nickel is independent of current densities. This process allows the plating of internal pockets and recesses which are otherwise hard to, with a uniform layer of nickel.
- Zinc plating for components that are exposed to corrosion, wear and weathering and require an economical anti-corrosion coating that lasts relatively longer than paint, Trinity offers Zinc plating, electro-galvanizing, and post plating passivation.
- Copper plating
- Brush Plating